Every site will eventually need to add snippets to the header or footer, or above or below the content of posts or pages. Most site owners are afraid they may inadvertently break their site by adding code or placing snippets in the wrong place. No need to stress over this. 99 Robots have the perfect solution for you! Using their FREE Header Footer Code Manager (HFCM), you can easily add code snippets exactly where you want and eliminate the need for a dozen or more plugins just to perform such actions.
What’s even great about this plugin is that you never lose your code snippets when switching or changing themes. You’ll also know exactly which snippets are loading on your site, where they display, and who added them. This free plugin is loaded with the following features:
- Add an unlimited number of scripts and styles anywhere and on any post/page.
- Manage which posts or pages the script loads.
- Supports custom post types.
- Supports the ability to load only on a specific post or page or latest posts.
- Control where exactly on the page the script is loaded – header, footer, before content, or after content.
- Scripts can load only on desktops or mobile. Enable or disable one or the other.
- Use shortcodes to manually place the code anywhere & track it in one place with the rest of your snippets.
- Label every snippet for easy reference.
- Plugin logs which user added and last edited the snippet, and when.
You also have page display options such as:
- Sitewide on every post/page with the ability to exclude certain posts/pages
- Specific post
- Specific page
- Specific category
- Specific tag
- Specific post type (posts, pages, custom post types)
- Latest posts only (you choose how many)
- Manually place using shortcodes
You can load snippets in the following locations:
- Top of content*
- Bottom of content*
*(For pages & posts created using WordPress coding standards i.e. using the the_content() hook)
Of course, you have device options such as:
- Show on All Devices
- Only Desktop
- Only Mobile Devices
There is a huge list of supported services:
- Google Analytics
- Google Adsense
- Google Tag Manager
- Clicky Web Analytics or other analytics tracking scripts
- Chat modules such as Olark, Drip, etc
- Pinterest site verification
- Facebook Pixels, Facebook Scripts, Facebook image tag
- Google Conversion Pixels
- Heatmaps from Crazy Egg, notification bars Hello Bar, etc.
- and the list goes on and on…
Installation is super easy. Just upload the 99robots-header-footer-code-manager to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Navigate to the WordPress Plugins page > Add New > Search for Header Footer Code Manager > Click on Install > Click on Activate. It’s that simple!
Finally, go to the plugins page to see instructions for shortcode and PHP template tags.
Plugin WordPress URL: https://wordpress.org/plugins/header-footer-code-manager/#developers
Plugin Documentation: https://99robots.com/docs/header-footer-code-manager/
After activating the plugin, you can click on settings link under the plugin name OR you can click the HFCM tab on the left side navigation.
From there, you can add, edit, remove and review code snippets.
In order to add snippets to your posts/pages, with version 1.1.4 of the HFCM plugin, 99 Robots have replaced the Specific Custom Post Types with the ability to add code to All Post Types which include posts, pages, attachments, and custom post types.
Adding snippets to your header or footer has never been easier. With 99 Robots’ FREE Header Footer Code Manager, this has now become easy. Trusted by many, the HFCM has over 80,000+ active installs! No longer a need for dozens of plugins and it takes the guesswork out of adding snippets in the correct place.