Managing multiple WP websites has now become easier with the help of wpCentral. The best thing about wpCentral is the easy 1-click steps for automating entire processes instead of going through multiple steps. With simple and quick guides you can learn managing different aspects of your WordPress sites on wpCentral.
Today we will learn to back up WordPress sites on Drop box using wpCentral
One of the prime features of Dropbox is that it allows you to securely save files in the cloud storage and share them with others. That is why many people now prefer to use Dropbox for storing their site backups.
To facilitate the things for such users, wpCentral offers an easy provision to backup multiple sites on Dropbox with simple steps as mentioned below
This guide is divided into 2 parts
- Authorizing wpCentral to access your dropbox account for backup
- Backing up WordPress Website on Dropbox (using wpCentral)
Part 1: Authorizing wpCentral to access your dropbox account for backup ·
Open wpCentral panel and login with your credentials
· Click Edit Settings->Add Back Up Location
· Open dropdown box called Protocol
· Select Dropbox from the list and Authorize registered Dropbox account with wpCentral by clicking Authorize Button
· Provide your registered dropdown credentials and click sign in
A dialog box will open seeking your permission to access Softaculous Auto Installer App in your registered Dropbox account. Click on allow
· You will get the Authroization code. Copy and paste it in the field Auth Code of wpCentral Add Backup Location Form
· Leave the Backup Location field empty to store the backups in Softaculous App Directory.
· Alternatively, you can also designate another directory like /WordPress by entering the same in the Backup Location text box and clicking Add Backup Location button. Your backups will be stored in /Softaculous App/WordPress directory.
Part 2: Backing up WordPress Website on Dropbox (using wpCentral)
· Enter your wpCentral panel using registered login credentials.
· The entire list of WordPress sites that you have added in your wpCentral account will open.
· Select your desired website by hovering over its name.
· Click on Backups Icon
· You will see the Backups Page associated with that website displaying the entire list of Backups created for the selected website.
· Click Create backup button and you will be redirected to create new backup page prompting you the required details in the provided fields
· Go to backup locations Dropdown menu and choose the option wpCentral dropbox location that you added previously