Remembering the login credentials and entering them every time for signing in to your WP site can annoy your audience. One of the best ways to make things easier for them is one-click login that allows them to log in the account with a single click using their Google account. Along with saving time and efforts it also relieves the users from the need of remembering login credentials of their account on your WP site.
The benefits of single click login with Google accounts
To remain updated with the latest mail communication, internet users prefer not to log out of their Gmail account. Hence by linking their Gmail account to your WP account via single click login, you empower them to quickly log into their WP account using single click step.
Step by step guide to enable single click login
· Install Google Apps Login plug-in and activate it
· Open settings and select Google Apps Login Page in the WordPress admin area. Now provide the client ID and code in main Setup tab
· Open Google Developer Console to obtain the details
· Click Start a project and then on New project on the popup dialog box
· In the relevant boxes, type the desired project name and the location (i.e., the official domain name) where you wish to save it
· You can skip typing the location if you are creating from personal account
· Now click on Create button that will take you to APIs and Services dashboard
· Click credentials and then on OAuth consent screen page
· Enter your email address that you used to create the project and the site URL
· Click Save
· You will be redirected to credential page. Click Create credentials and copy OAuth client ID
· In Authorised redirect URLs, type http://www.example.com/wp-login.php
· Click on create to see the client ID and client Secret information
· Copy the above information
· Go to plugins settings in WordPress admin area and paste the above mentioned keys in client ID and client secret respectively.
· Logout from your account
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
How to enable secure login with Loginizer?
One of the favourite technique employed by hackers is to repeated login
attempts and each time employing different advanced techniques to breach the
matching login credential pairs. Limiting the maximum login attempts can be an
effective remedy here. You can temporarily lock the user by blocking his IP
after he has reached a specific number of attempts (for instance 4 attempts or
Along with deciding the maximum number of permissible attempts you can also
set the locking period like 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour or even the entire
Loginizer is one of the excellent plugins for limiting login attempts by
automatically blocking the IPs after reaching maximum attempts. It also offers
you advanced features to take your security to the next level with the help of
features like reCAPTCHA, 2-factor login, logging without password, etc.
· The users will be prompted for their username and email address and a temporary login link will be mailed to them
· An authorization code will be mailed to the users and they will be required to enter the same (also o the name an password) for logging in))
· Twin factor authorization provision via an app (authy, Google authenticator and other popular apps(
· Prompting users for the answer to a challenge question before being able to login
· ReCAPTCHA – Google’reCAPTCHA can be configured for the Login screen, Comments Section, Registration Form, etc. to prevent automated brute force attacks. Supports
· Google reCAPTCHA for a better level of security
· Renaming the login page of wp-admin url
· Disable XML-RPC – An option to simply disable XML-RPC in WordPress. Most of the WordPress users don’t need XML-RPC and can disable it to prevent automated brute force attacks.
Disabling or renaming XML RPC
· Automatically blacklisting specific common usernames like administrator, admin, etc..
· Disabling new registration and automatically blacklisting
· Along with blacklisting or whitelisting IP/IP range it can also send you an email about the maximum lockouts an extends the account and detect maximum lockout
With the help of Google On Click Login you can save the time and efforts of your site visitors by enabling them to use their gmail account to log in securely with just a single click. It saves them from remembering their login credentials or entering the same every time they wish to post a comment or perform other member-specific activities.